- Books and Other Recommendations
- Crew Sourcing and Services (Freelance)
- Discounts and Special Offers
- Education and Training
- Equipment and Services Catalogues
- Film Festivals and Awards
- Funding Sources
- Guilds, Unions and Industry Membership
- International Filming
- News Sources (UK)
- Specialist Film Financing Companies
The (now) BFI's fund manager for Innovation in Distribution and Exhibition, Alex Stolz, talks about innovation in Digital Distribution, and the ways in which social media can be used to reach your target audience successfully.
To access the Full Interview,
if you are a Member please Login on the right,
or Click Here to register now!
Alex transfered to the BFI from the UK Film Council where he managed the Digital Innovation in Distribution Fund - part of the P&A fund. Examples of the projects undertaken can be found here: http://www.ukfilmcouncil.org.uk/digitalinnovation, and he talks about some of the lessons learned in our interview, including:
- Why and how the internet can level the playing field as an independent producer for your film or tv project
- The first thing you should do before anything else as a producer
- When to start communicating with your audience, and how
- How The Disappearance of Alice Creed successfully launched their film - and the campaign they used to do it
- How to get your audience to promote your movie for you - for free!
- The type of partnerships you could create to help promote your film
- How you can create a back-up plan in case your original targets for securing distribution aren't met
Alex also talks about other ways to build your supporter network, and he emphasises that you need to be doing this as soon as possible!
Additional Keywords: Facebook, Social Media, Exhibition, Crowdsourcing
Also available in .pdf and .mp3 for Members. Register now!