- Books and Other Recommendations
- Crew Sourcing and Services (Freelance)
- Discounts and Special Offers
- Education and Training
- Equipment and Services Catalogues
- Film Festivals and Awards
- Funding Sources
- Guilds, Unions and Industry Membership
- International Filming
- News Sources (UK)
- Specialist Film Financing Companies
Dan Hubbard talks about the casting process, and how a Casting Director can help you reach the actors you're looking for, build a better product, and also potentially help finance your project.
To access the Full Interview,
if you are a Member please Login on the right,
or Click Here to register now!
Dan is part of Hubbard Casting, who brought you Chalet Girl recently, as well as the iconic The Commitments back in the 80s. He covers:
- At what point in the filmmaking process to approach a Casting Director
- How to increase your chances of securing good quality talent
- The process you have to go through to make sure you get the best result in casting
- What you need in your pitch to entice a Casting Director to help you
- What could incentivise a 'big name' to join your project
- Why projects fall apart at the final hurdle, and how you can help prevent that
- Who the real people are that you have to convince to allow an actor to take part in your project - and how to convince them
Dan also talks about how, as an actor, you can get ahead in the business.
Additional Keywords: Casting Budget, Stars, Greenlit, Distribution, Development
Also available in .pdf and .mp3 for Members. Register now!